June 28, 2011

Are you there Bobby Flay? It's me, M2!

I am a huge fan of The Next Food Network Star.  Apparently now it is just called "Food Network Star."  Was "The Next" too burdensome? 



Anyway, this show has everything going for it, as far as I'm concerned.  It combines my love of two things very near and dear to my heart: reality TV and food.

But this begs the question that I ask you loyal readers - am I the only one who watches this?

I've asked people before, and they've never even heard of it!

In fact, I went to a South Beach Food and Wine event a few months ago, and ran into Aria from last season of The Next Food Network Star (it was still "The Next" back then).  I was starstruck!  You'd have thought I was meeting Brad Pitt.  And I seemed like the only one who cared.  It was sad, really.  But she was great and we had a deep, meaningful conversation about nail polish that I will always remember.


This season on the newly "re-vamped" "Food Network Star", I could not let the season go by without discussing this guy:


This is Chris.  You remember him don't you?  Come on, of course you do!  He tried to get you drunk in college and then convince you he was an astronaut and had just won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Yes, he's everyone's favorite frat guy and the judges do not like it.  It seems as though he knows his way around the kitchen, but he's not going to last much longer.  However, it's quite entertaining to watch him try.  He's like a 3rd grader who forgot to take their ADD medicine, and wants to make it all better by blaming it on his frattiness (who says that can't that be a word?).

So now, I ask you - Am I the only one watching this show?!?! 

And if the answer is yes, I suggest you tune in ASAP so that you, too, can awkwardly get excited about seeing a barely-even-D-list celebrity and have an extremely memorable conversation about nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment